- Created on Wednesday, 13 July 2011 20:27
The Elizabethtown Advocate is sold for 50 cents from orange and black vending boxes at these places:
- Outside the Advocate office (9 S. Market St., across from the public library)
- In front of the Elizabethtown post office
- Outside American Legion Post 329, 240 N. Hanover St.
- At the Elizabethtown train station
- Outside the Bainbridge Inn, 5 N. Front St., Bainbridge
- Outside the Conoy Township Municipal Building
The paper is also available from these dealers:
- All Elizabethtown Turkey Hill stores (2395 S. Market St., 549 S. Market St., 245 N. Market St. and 998 N. Hanover St.)
- Giant Food Store, 1278 S. Market St.
- Darrenkamp’s Elizabethtown Market, 191 Ridgeview Road South
- Pita Pit, 28 S. Market St.
- One Stop Market (at the Sunoco station on High Street near the high school)
- Groff’s Meats, 33 N. Market St.
- Elizabethtown Public Library, 10 S. Market St.
- Folklore Coffee, 1 N. Market St. (northeast corner of Center Square, diagonally across from the model train store)
It's easy to subscribe to The Elizabethtown Advocate and make sure you'll never miss an issue. It costs just $20 for one year (52 weekly issues) or $35 for two years (104 weekly issues) in the local area (mailing addresses in Elizabethtown, PA 17022; Mount Joy, PA 17552; Bainbridge, PA 17502; Hershey, PA 17033; Lawn, PA 17041; Manheim, PA 17545; Marietta, PA 17547; Maytown, PA 17550; Middletown, PA 17507; Palmyra, PA 17078 and Rheems, PA 17570.) For addresses outside the local area but inside Pennsylvania, it's $30 for one year and $55 for two years. For out-of-state mailing addresses, it's $40 for one year and $75 for two years.
To subscribe, people in the local area may click here for a risk-free trial and get a bill after three issues. Readers who do not want the paper may return it marked "cancel" and owe nothing. Out-of-area subscriptions must be paid in advance; you may mail a check payable to The Elizabethtown Advocate to the office at P.O. Box 547, Elizabethtown, PA 17022. If you prefer to pay by credit card, you can phone the office at 717-361-0340.
To learn more about The Elizabethtown Advocate, watch "Advocate of Local News," a 7½-minute documentary made in the spring of 2011 by T. Gavin Nevill as a project for a class at Elizabethtown College: